August is traditionally a slow month for restaurants. Tourism and chamber of commerce officials in Alabama’s capital city are giving that a nudge locally with Montgomery Restaurant Week.
This year’s edition starts August 18 and tacks on a bonus weekend, ending August 27. Participating restaurants will offer unique lunch and dinner menus or run specials for all or part of the event.
The Bubbly Hen also will do a special pop-up at Common Bond Brewery, Montgomery’s only production brew house, on Wednesday, August 23, from 5 p.m. until 8 p.m. Look for the Bubbly Hen’s famous shrimp and grits.
Twelve participating establishments are listed on the official website, and more may be added before restaurant week arrives, organizers say. Here are the places and what they’re offering.
- BB King Blues Club – Three Course Menu ($25 per person) with a choice between Chicken and Ribs Combo served with salad and bread pudding, or Southern Fried Platter served with salad and bread pudding.
- BurgerFi – Ten percent off orders.
- Common Bond Brewers – Zelda Blonda Ales and Sizz Seltzers are $3.
- Cork & Cleaver – Fried crab claws (no price listed).
- Frenchie’s – Tuna Niçoise Salad ($18) with seared yellowfin tuna, mixed greens, cured tomatoes, olives, radish, potato, haricot verts and farm egg.
- Itta Benna – Three-course dinner ($35 per person) Choice of Wild Mushroom Pasta or Tuscan Stuffed Chicken. Served with Itta Bena salad and Italian creme cake.
- Newk’s Eatery – For the first four days (August 18-21), Newk Q sandwiches are half off; discounts offered the remaining days.
- Ravello Ristorante Montgomery – Tuna Salad with arugula, shaed fennel, sea beans, avocado, leeks, cucumber, and ginger-soy vinaigrette. No prices listed on the MRW website.
- Rock N Roll Sushi (Taylor Road) – Buy a headliner roll and get a classic roll for free.
- Rock N Roll Sushi downtown – Buy a headliner roll and get a classic roll for free.
- Taco Mama – Half price Mi Casa and Skinny Margaritas; Tuesday after 3 p.m.
- Vintage Café – Turkey Pesto Wrap No prices listed on the MRW website.
- Vintage Year – ($18) appetizers include Lamb Lollipop Trio, Chicken Fried Chop.